Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Introduction

These are true stories of the police. Rather, these are real situations I experience everyday as a police officer. I joined the police department as a patrol officer in November of 2014. I knew what I wanted to expect as a police officer, driving fast cars with lights and sirens, getting paid to shoot guns, and chasing after the bad guy. I quickly found out, those expectations are only a small portion of the reality of working in law enforcement. 

The worst term for a day in law enforcement is "Routine." As most cops know, it takes many hats to be a police officer. You can be a councelor, a nurse, a traffic cop, an office administrator, an accountant, and a racecar driver all within a single shift.

I joined this line of work for many reasons. One of those reasons is for the ever changing day. No two days are the same. In a single night I have gone from a domestic violence call, to a bank alarm, then to a shooting. On another shift, the night seemed calm until a kid knocked himself out playing hide and seek then to a report of a female who was being tied up and lit on fire. "Routine" is a terrible term.

Names are changed for the safety and privacy of those involved.

Please enjoy these True Stories of the Police


This a patrol car in our fleet. Its a pretty nice picture. This is not my car. My patrol vehicle has a slick top. A slick top does not have the lights on the top of the vehicle. The lights are installed behind the windshield, grill, and rear window. You may call it an undercover police car, although I have the same stickers on the side of my vehicle as the one in this photo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you're posting your stories, it's the best way to never forget the not so routine parts of, the day and life of a police officer

    ReplyDelete